Today is my DUE DATE! haha...even though I wanted Kenley to come early, I never actually thought she would be TWO WEEKS early!
Kenley is two weeks old! I still can't believe that technically, she's still supposed to be in my belly. She has been such a wonderful addition to our life, it's hard to imagine what it was like before she was here. Although I do have to say, I sort of miss being pregnant. I guess you can say that when it goes as smoothly as mine did. I actually miss her little kicks in my side, and rubbing my belly, thinking about what Kenley might look like.
Kenley is two weeks old! I still can't believe that technically, she's still supposed to be in my belly. She has been such a wonderful addition to our life, it's hard to imagine what it was like before she was here. Although I do have to say, I sort of miss being pregnant. I guess you can say that when it goes as smoothly as mine did. I actually miss her little kicks in my side, and rubbing my belly, thinking about what Kenley might look like. She has changed SO much in even the last week. I think she is starting to look a bit like me now, although her eyes are still blue. Her hair is much lighter than in these pictures, definitely more of a golden blonde. Her little nose now has a slope like mine as well. Time will tell who she ends up looking like, although she does have Mike's brow bone for sure.
Today, Kenley went to her 2 week appointment. She is back up to her birth weight at 7lbs. 3oz. The doctor said she was "perfect" and also commented on her good looks! We think she's pretty cute too!
This was my second attempt at some newborn photos. I still haven't managed to keep her asleep for them, she's been pretty wide-eyed and alert during each of the sessions. For this shoot, I had Mike get me a space heater, to keep her warm while I de-clothed her. This worked for keeping her in good spirits, but not so much asleep. I'm going to have to get her good and milk-drunk for a sleepy session. I couldn't decide what set of photos to use, so I'm posting both! My mom sent us the little red hat for Valentines. It's hard to see, but it has a little white heart in the center. She's sending me another cute hat which I will be using for another session.

We love these pictures of Kenley! Keep them coming.
ReplyDelete