Now that we are getting closer to knowing if Baby Wollman is a he or a she (only 1 month!), we have been starting to think about the nursery! Either way, we are going to go more neutral with the design pallet, so I've started pulling ideas of furniture and textiles. No pink for this girl!
I also purchased the holy grail of all baby shopping this past weekend to help weed through the best products and brands in every single baby gear category, Baby Bargains. This book comes highly recommended and really helps clarify things we will need and what has the best ratings.
So, since we are still in the planning stages, I thought I would give you an idea of what we are thinking. It will be really fun to see how the design changes and evolves as we go through the nursery process!


I want to go with a more modern style nursery, so this crib from Walmart fits the bill (Babymod Olivia). I know, surprisingly, this is a Walmart find, but it is made of solid wood, non-toxic finish, and gets a B rating from my Baby Bargains book.

We already have a smaller version of this Hemnes dresser from IKEA, but I'd like to replace it with this longer and white version. We will put the changing station on top of this and still have room for a lamp and decorative items.

The piece de resistance! This glider/recliner is an absolute MUST HAVE. I definitely want to have a comfy chair that reclines for those late nights up feeding the baby. These chairs are so nice and stylish, that we can even move it into the family room when the nursery is no longer needed. This is made by Little Castle and is the Monaco model. We can custom design the fabric as well, but I love the clean, straight lines and piping!
I want a really fun graphic type rug, preferably in dark blue or navy and white. I love the chevron/zigzag pattern one at the top, but it is impossible to find at a decent price. The FLOR tile rug on the lower left is a good alternative, and could be arranged in any pattern and any size, and the one on the lower right from overstock.com has a nice ocean element to it.
These are the fabrics I'm thinking for the crib sheets, skirts, curtains, maybe some pillows. If it's a boy, we will stick with the more graphic fabrics, and if it's a girl, we can incorporate more of the flowery types. But the main pallet being navy blue, turquoise blue, lime green, white, and we'll probably add some tan.
So this is the start of what we are thinking. We still need to add some crown molding in the room, and we are also thinking of doing a chair rail around the room. We need to install 2 closet organizers, so Mike can move his clothes into our master, and free up the guest closet for baby. Of course, before and after photos to come during this next project.







LOVE the colors! i totally have a feeling you will have a boy cuz i knew you would never want pink and frills and bows!
ReplyDeleteOh fun, I love the colors!!! And that crib is so cool, never would have guessed it is from Walmart!!!!
ReplyDeletelove, love the fabrics. some of that looks like Amy Butler or Joel Dewberry - are you having things custom made? it's going to look amazing.
ReplyDeletealso, you should probably add this necessary item to the "gear" list:
http://www.amazon.com/Child-Saddle-Daddy-Daddle-Toy/dp/B003EWECSC
It's a saddle! For Dad! It's a Daddle! Because piggyback rides were always just too simple without this item!
;)
@Kristy: Yeah, I'm thinking I'll have curtains and bedding made from Etsy. I haven't found any sets I like in the stores, and this way I can mix and match better. Plus I can only get the items I want and not the ones I don't really need (like a quilt or bumper).
ReplyDelete$32 for the Daddle??? Someone's getting rich! haha, I fear Mike might like that too much...hahaha, so funny!
yeah...I am not wearing that! haha
ReplyDeleteThe visual for the Daddle with Mike is AWESO
ReplyDeleteE! ha ha
Sounds like you're having fun. It's a good thing I learned that you didn't like pink and frills if it is a girl. You would of taken everything back to Nordstroms. Your taste is identical to Leslie's. Now I know. Thanks for the heads up. Happy planning! Maybe just one pink outfit please, if it's a girl.
ReplyDeleteyou had a pair of pink overalls that were cute!
ReplyDelete