Email Instagram Facebook Pinterest YouTube RSS Feed Google+

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Weekly Check-in: 28 weeks! Holy 3rd Trimester

How far along?: 28 weeks...officially in the 3rd Trimester
How big is baby: Still an eggplant according to thebump.com, a head of cabbage according to babycenter.com
Weight gain/loss: +1 for a grand total of 16lbs. from pre-preg. Trying to keep it steady.
Pregnancy symptoms: Growing belly, lots of movement, but nothing too annoying yet
Maternity clothes: Yes, there is no other option 
Stretch Marks: Still none, if I can make it the rest of the way without them, I'll be a happy girl
Sleep: Pretty good, except the nights I'm getting up 4-5 times. I've mastered sleepwalking to the bathroom. I also get pretty hot in the middle of the night.
Best moment this week: Not baby related, but seeing the Texas Rangers beat the Yankees to go to the World Series. Also, we received some great news that is still under wraps...but we're excited!
Movement: Kenley is a serious mover. She's been keeping me up at night with all her kicking and moving around. She's getting quite strong!  
Food cravings: Still nothing particular.
Food aversions: Nothing
Labor signs: None really. I don't think I'll know what these are until it's time
Belly button in or out: Still in, but getting flatter and shallower
What I miss: Being able to bend over or sit upright very well. This belly is getting in the way!
What I am looking forward to: We have a very cool thing that we are doing this weekend that is also under wraps. I'll have to see if Mike will let me blog about it.
Milestones: 
By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

12 comments:

  1. wait, whats the news? what are you doing this weekend??? you cant leave us hanging like that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I will probably blog about it after! So look for that on Saturday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry everyone, this secret is staying under wraps until we visit So Cal. Kristin you should have never thrown in a cliffhanger like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mom already knows...so I don't think we have to keep the secret that long.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHAT SECRET? ITS MY BDAY AND YOU HAVE TO TELL ME! hehehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. well, I will give you a hint...we are not having twins!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can't tattoo a fetus...can you?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha...funny sis! We can't be hypocrites, but Kenley will have to wait at least until 18...and learn from mom and dad's impulsive mistakes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. yeah, I am with Jaymi. This whole long-distance thing is B.S. - if we were all together, we would have tortured it out of you by now! :)
    I have two guesses about what it is.
    And, you look gorgeous! you can't even tell you are pregnant from the back - it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kenley will probably want a tatoo early in life. Can't wait to see the look on your face when she surprises you...hint,hint. Kristin, you look beautiful! Have a great week-end. Loved your friends comments..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...