I can't believe Kenley is 3 weeks old! I know I say that every week, but it is truly amazing how quick time moves. This week is my first week home alone with the little nugget, and I have to say, it's alot tougher than I thought it was going to be. I've noticed that Kenley has been having longer periods of awake time, and with this time comes alot of fussiness. Still trying to figure out her cues...if she's hungry, or uncomfortable, or gassy. I don't quite speak baby yet!
We are still trying to get a good sleep routine down. She sleeps pretty well, anywhere from 3-5 hour stretches....on my chest! Each time I try to move her to her pack n play, she is fussing within 10 minutes. She likes being close to her mama, and sleeps soundly on me through most of the night. I know this isn't a good habit to get into, and we are going to try and break her of it, but the other part of me wants to cherish these moments while she is so small. Plus, she is still 3 weeks new...so we have some time before any irreversible damage is done!
Developmentally, not much has changed. I noticed that she focuses more on our faces these days. My favorite times are when she is awake and contently sitting in Mike or my arms, staring at us and the things around us. I wonder what she might be thinking about. She is quite strong, and lifts her head and turns it as she lays on our chests. She even tries to army-crawl up our chests, although her legs aren't quite strong enough to push her very far.
This weeks photo is a shout-out to all our Long Beach family. We miss you guys like crazy, and wish you could all be in Kenley's life day in and day out. We look forward to the many trips we will be taking out there to see you all!
I had to include this last one as well because 1. it's the first sleeping picture I have of her (thank you Miracle Blanket) and 2. I actually caught her smiling! Can't wait for the smiles and giggles to come.


omigoodness, her wide eyes are hysterical, she looks so fascinated with the world! the last picture is beyond precious, she's smiling in her sleep, soooo adorable! i cant WAIT to meet her!
ReplyDeleteShe already looks so different! I LOVE HER!! And I love her shirt that says she loves me ;)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteLacey...hahahaha...nice pickup on the attire! lol
ReplyDeleteLove the photos. She is just precious. We are a phone call away if you need anything at all. Love the LB shirt. Hugs! Give Kenley a kiss for us.
ReplyDeleteHey Kristin! Anne showed me your blog...Kenley is precious, precious! I remember the days of Kyle only sleeping on me too...it can be difficult, but they're so sweet. We miss you at work!
ReplyDeleteJessica