Email Instagram Facebook Pinterest YouTube RSS Feed Google+

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Telling the Aunties!

So this past weekend, we got together with my sisters and dad and everyone for Father's Day. This was going to be the day that they all found out, but since we spilled the beans earlier to my Dad and Denise, we kept the secret from Lacey and Whitney. Plus, it was perfect since Whitney was in town from Connecticut for the week.

So we got there, and I am still just not very good at telling people our news. I get so nervous, and it's hard for me to find the right words. So needless to say, the announcement waited until after dinner and after the gift giving. I finally mustered up the words to blurt out that our dad was also going to be a grandpa! There was a short pause and confusion before it sank in and everyone started hugging us.

After the announcement, Denise brought out special Sprinkles cupcakes for the occasion. I didn't have my camera, so I wasn't able to snap a picture, but they looked kinda like this (except the words spelled out BABY, and the others had blue and pink bottles on the top):


They were super cute and super yummy, esp the red velvet, my favorite!

We were so excited to tell the new aunties, and can't wait until they start popping them out as well, so we will have all the cousins running around. So Lacey, Whitney....get on that already, I've broken the ice! ;)

1 comment:

  1. It takes a whole lot more than just you "breaking the ice"!
    I couldn't be happier for you guys...and I CANT wait to be an aunt!! I guess I am technically...aunt to a prune :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...