How far along?: 36 weeks! 28 days to go!
How big is baby: Holding steady at a honeydew, according to both the bump and a crenshaw melon according to babycenter.com.
Weight gain/loss: 0...Total still at 19 lbs. pre-preg. Kinda weird that I'm not packing it on at the end here, but the doc wasn't concerned, so neither am I.
Pregnancy symptoms: Same old stuff. Heartburn, loss of appetite here and there, Braxton Hicks contractions, and a few stronger ones as well.
Maternity clothes: Yes, still trying to wear more form fitting things so I don't feel huge.
Stretch Marks: Nope. Skin is doing really well, thank goodness!
Sleep: Depends on the night. Sometimes I only get up a couple times and sleep pretty well. Others, I'm up multiple times, and my body gets really achey.
Best moment this week: The Kelly Willis/Bruce Robison Christmas Show that Mary got us tickets for. It was a fun night out with 2 of our closest friends, and put us in the Christmas spirit!
Movement: Still just acting like she's trying to push THROUGH my stomach. Probably stretching her legs out.
Movement: Still just acting like she's trying to push THROUGH my stomach. Probably stretching her legs out.
Food cravings: Not much, not hungry that often.
Food aversions: Nothing
Labor signs: Just random BH contractions. And a few "practice contractions" last weekend.
Appt updates: Added this category now that I will be going every week to the doctor, and almost always on Tuesdays. Had my 36 week appt this morning, and I'm officially 1 cm. dialated. That's pretty much all the info I have, but it's nice to know that things are starting, even if I could stay at 1 cm until my due date. Had to do the Group B Strep test as well, so hopefully that will come back negative. Everything else is perfect! Measuring right at 36 weeks, heartbeat was 133 (she must have been sleeping. It's usually always right around 145), and good blood pressure.
Belly button in or out: Still in, I think I can win this battle!
What I miss: Sitting upright comfortably. My belly isn't huge, but it is hard as a rock and kills my ribs most days. It's really hard to eat while trying to recline.
What I am looking forward to: Christmas! And my parents coming to visit! They will be here on Thursday, and I'm so excited to see them since the last time I saw them I was not showing too much (at about 14 weeks).
Milestones: As your baby's "rapid growth" period approaches an end, she will top 19 inches and almost reach 6 pounds. However, she will continue to add weight in the form of extra fat until delivery. Those nails are so long, in fact, that she might even scratch herself in utero. The only organ that isn't fully mature yet is her lungs. If she hasn't done so already, this is probably the week that your baby will drop into the birth canal.
You have probably gained 25-30 pounds, and you probably won't gain much more in the final weeks of pregnancy.

Are you Christmas shopping Jaymi? Kristin so glad you are doing well. Amazing that you have not gained very much. Take it easy and make sure Mike dotes on you. Love to all! Have an amazing holiday with your family.
ReplyDeleteno Rochelle, but occasionally i have to work while i'm at work! but i'm right behind you!!
ReplyDeleteKristin, i can't believe you're already dialated! thats crazy! makes the whole thing feel like its soooo close! and I second the whole Mike doting on you thing! this is your time to be pampered!
Hey Kris,
ReplyDeleteI wanted to update you on your list of things to complete this week:
1. scrub the toilets real good, make sure you get all the nooks and crannies
2. get dinner started at about 5:30pm
3. May need to go to the store to pick up some more food for the holiday
4. Mop the floors in the kitchen and living spaces
These are a few to get you started before baby Kenley arrives, cause after that it's gonna really slow down your agenda!
;)
Oh Mike I just love your sense of humor and always have. Never lose it!
ReplyDelete