Email Instagram Facebook Pinterest YouTube RSS Feed Google+

Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Weekly Check-in: 34 Weeks!

How far along?: 34 weeks!
How big is baby: Still a honeydew, but it's a heavier honeydew! And a cantaloupe according to babycenter.com
Weight gain/loss: +3! Total up to 22 lbs. pre-preg. I definitely feel like it's baby getting heavier, because I've barely been able to eat that much, yet my belly definitely feels bigger. 
Pregnancy symptoms: Loss of appetite, still horrible heartburn, and still swollen legs and feet! I have my feet propped up whenever I can these days. Also, at the dr today, the doctor said she is already head down, which explains why I'm feeling her hit my ribs and hips!
Maternity clothes: Yes, and thank goodness it's the season for pants, because these cankles are UGLY!
Stretch Marks: Still no, this better not be one of last weeks kinda thing to pop up either. 
Sleep: Still not too bad. Only waking once a night mostly. 
Best moment this week: Just finishing up all our projects. We've been nesting hardcore, and it makes the house feel so nice!  
Movement: The movement definitely feels different these days. Lots of rubbing against my ribs, and every now and then it feels like my hips are popping. I'm ready for her to drop a bit so I can get my appetite back and get rid of this heartburn. 
Food cravings: Nothing really. I usually can only eat about 2 meals a day these days. 
Food aversions: Nothing
Labor signs: The doc said Braxton Hicks can feel like the belly getting super rock hard, which I've definitely felt, but they don't hurt at all. 
Belly button in or out: Still in!  But pretty much flat. 
What I miss: My ankles!
What I am looking forward to: Every weekend we have left with just the two of us. These are definitely limited, so we are trying to enjoy the quietness. 
Milestones:  Most of the weight your baby gains now is stored as fat, which will help insulate her against the chilly world when she's born. She now weighs close to 5 pounds, and she has nearly run out of room to move. That doesn't mean that she'll stop moving, but you may notice a change in the way she bumps and thumps against you. By now she's closing her eyes when she's asleep and keeping them open when she's awake. She has also learned to blink.
At this point your baby's brain is so well developed that she has the ability to see, hear, learn, and remember. She is her own person -- and very soon now, you'll have the pleasure of meeting her face-to-face.

2 comments:

  1. wow i cant believe you're at 8 1/2 months already! final stretch! make Mike rub your ankles and feet for you, thats he's there for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh Jaymi you beat me again. Kristin take it easy and rest. Up three pounds, you're doing so well. If you guys anything know we are a phone call away. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...