We started our Thanksgiving morning by getting up and doing the Turkey Trot. I consider us real troopers, as it was FREEZING outside (ok, 40 degrees, but really windy) and the fact that I was going to walk 3 miles in this coldness at 8 months pregnant. We met up with Mary, Eric, Martha Nell, and John and had a nice, brisk morning walk. I couldn't believe all the people (and dogs) out there as well. But it was super fun, and made all the indulging that was to come, less guilt-filled!
After the trot, we all met back at Mary's for a yummy breakfast. Then we went home to get ready for Thanksgiving at my Dad's house. We had a great time, and a lovely Thanksgiving meal with the family. We all have so much to be thankful for this year, and I can't wait until next year when the holiday should be a little more loud and playful! :)
Friday, we did what most do...put up our Christmas decorations! Mike did an extra great job of cleaning up the lawn and leaf blowing every single leaf from our neighbors maple tree off of our yard. I mapped out our extension cords, and went through all the lights to make sure they all still worked. I put up the garland and stockings in the house, and hung some wreaths outside, while Mike did all the hard labor, and Dylan laid in his favorite spot, ever so helpful!I had a leftover Pottery Barn giftcard, and they were offering free monogramming and shipping, so I took the opportunity to go ahead and get a stocking for Kenley. Although she hopefully won't be here before Christmas, she will be represented on the mantle. I also purchased a couple extra stockings for my folks that will be spending the holiday with us!
As I started along our planter beds with the stake lights, Mike set up to put lights on the house.
We spent most of the day working on the house, but we still have some lights to do on the trees, so I can't show you the final result yet. Also, we are getting our tree this weekend, so we can complete the Christmas decor. You'll have to stayed tuned for that!



Wow I'm impressed, you walked a 5k in the freezing cold and did all your x-mas decorations and your 8 months pregnant! I'm NOT pregnant and I pretty much just watched TV all weekend!
ReplyDeleteCareful on the ladder Mike! Everything looks so pretty. I love Dylan looking out the front window.
ReplyDeleteHe's a big boy Rochelle! He handled it very well, and I was spotting him on the ladder the entire time. He's come pretty far from his fear of heights.
ReplyDelete