Email Instagram Facebook Pinterest YouTube RSS Feed Google+

Monday, November 22, 2010

Shower the People You Love with Love

This post is a little belated, but I have been under the weather since coming back from California, that I hadn't gotten around to writing about it. Last weekend, Mike's family threw me a wonderful baby shower. We were so glad to be able to make one last trip out there before Kenley comes, and made sure to get our fill of our CA peeps.

On Sunday, everyone travelled out to Aunt Robin's house for the shower. The place was loaded with cute decorations and yummy munchies. It was a beautiful day, sunny about 80s degrees. We started the day out with a lovely spread of sandwiches, dips and veggies, and then proceeded to play some interesting baby games.



The first game was not too appetizing! We passed around diapers that were filled with baby food and had to guess by smell what the food was. Rochelle wanted to make it more challenging, by mixing 2 different foods. I guess she didn't realize she was in a room with child-less women! hehe, this game was impossible for us! I didn't even know they made pureed chicken and rice for babies! I think I might stick to making my  own baby food, because the jarred stuff kinda freaked me out.



The second game I decided to not participated. After smelling all the mixed up food, there was no way I was going to do the taste test game. Top Chef Leslie walked away with the victory, by being able to detect a slight cheese base to one particular food, the pureed mac and cheese.

The last game was the toilet paper game, where guests had to guess how many squares of toilet paper would fit around my belly. We gave the visuals, and got to see who either thought I was really huge, or was bad a visualizing! Cousin Leslie guessed right on the money, with 10 squares! All those of guessed over 20 need to get their eyes checked! :)


After the that, came present time. I can't express how truly grateful we are by how generous everyone was. We have enough clothes for Kenley, we could open a store. Some of my favorites were the baby Vans (of course, for our little skater girl), a cute sign that Aunt Leslie made with Kenley's name on it, and the tiny baby jeans! There was a ton more stuff, too much to possibly go through. We really appreciate everyone not only coming to the shower, but showering Kenley with all these wonderful gifts.


Below I've included a few more pictures from this fun day!

3 comments:

  1. Awww great post. It was soo good seeing you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful thank you Kristin. I'll bring my computer to Robin's for Thanksgiving so she can see your blog. It truly was a beautiful shower. Have a great Thanksgiving and say "hi" to everyone for us. Hope you are feeling better. Lots of hugs and love mama and daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw, wish we could have been there! you look fantastic - I love that dress!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...