How far along?: 25 weeks!
How big is baby: Woohoo...moving up to an eggplant!
Weight gain/loss: I think I'm about 2 lbs. up since I last checked, for about +12lbs total gain
Pregnancy symptoms: the big bump, some back pain, and massive heartburn
Maternity clothes: Yes, there is no other option
Stretch Marks: None yet...and hoping it stays that way
Sleep: I've been sleeping pretty well. It's been cool enough to sleep with the windows open, which I love until I'm freezing in the morning. I've also been having crazy dreams again.
Best moment this week: Having fun folks over for the Texas/OU game (even though Texas lost)
Movement: Oh goodness yes. I think since she has developed equilibrium she has been moving like CRAZY! I'm feeling alot more movement instead of just bumps and kicks. It's crazy to watch my stomach.
Food cravings: Nothing really...although our neighbor made these really yummy beer boiled brats
Food aversions: Not much.
Labor signs: Just a few Braxton Hicks every now and then.
Belly button in or out: Still in, but getting flatter and shallower
What I miss: Sleeping comfortably. It's getting harder to roll over from side to side
What I am looking forward to: Looking forward to the glider coming in. Should be here soon!
As your baby grows, she'll take up extra space in your uterus, which means you'll feel her kicks, pokes, and rolls even more now. This week, your baby weighs in at nearly 2 pounds and measures about 9 inches in length from crown to rump. Wow! Although she's still skinny and her skin rather wrinkly, it will all smooth out as she develops a healthy layer of body fat beneath it. Her hands are fully developed at this point, complete with mini fingernails and fingerprints, and are probably keeping busy touching and grabbing her face, feet, and the umbilical cord.

i cant believe you've only gained 12 pounds in 6 months! thats pretty impressive! cant wait to see how big you are in November! miss you guys :)
ReplyDeletehave you seen this? its called a Babycook, to help you make your own baby food!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.beabausa.com/product-babycook.cfm
and Bon Apetit Magazine has a Bon Apetit Baby edition with recipes for the babycook. thought you might enjoy!
http://webrecipemanager.com/babycook/
Happy everything is going well. I am so impressed that you have only gained twelve pounds. Sounds like the little shrimp is really growing now. Take care and have a good week!
ReplyDeleteI know...I'm really hoping I don't pack on the pounds more at the end here. The slow and steady is working so far, and my belly is definitely heavier. Thankfully it just looks like all the weight gain is in my belly. Hopefully that will continue.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the heads up about the Babycook, Jaymi. My mom told me about the same thing, and I will probably make our own food at first. But didn't know they had a Bon Apetit Baby edition! That's pretty cool.
Yeah, and we are going to grow cotton in the backyard to pick and eventually make Kenley's clothes...haha, didn't know we were planning on making our own food at first hun?
ReplyDeleteHubby, you are way too funny. I know we didn't explicitly talk about it, but Mary made her own food for Lucy. Remember the little cubes of sweet potatoes and squash that she would freeze in the ice cube trays? Super easy and convenient.
ReplyDeleteI like the idea of making your own baby food. Let them become addicted to preservatives on their own time! hehe. (and I like that Mike gets to learn about how his baby is gonna be raised from reading this blog!) :)
ReplyDelete