This weekend, we were only part-time warriors and STILL managed to finish an entire room. We devoted most of our Sunday to fixing up our back studio, which will now be the guest room since Kenley will now be occupying our previous guest room. Sorry, she's here to stay!
We had already done a pretty good job of clearing out the room. It was previously a recording studio, so there was all this black foam insulation that was literally glued with hardcore adhesive. This was the worst part of this project. Mike had spent a few hours scraping as much of the glue off the walls as possible a few weeks ago. We knew we definitely had to get that cave-like red outta there. I had painted the hallway a greyish blue, so we decided to do a lighter version of that. We need as much light as possible back there.
We decided to go with Martha Stewart's Dolphin (we can't get away from our ocean-minded sensibilities!). First Mike sprayed some re-texturing over all the gluey parts that took out chunks of the wall. Then it was painting time. I have to say, it is SO much brighter back there. And we were able to make it functionable. We still need to add accessories and art in there, along with a newer, slimmer tv, but it's a nice little getaway for our future houseguests!
Also, one little addition that we did to Kenley's room was add these cubbies from IKEA. I purchased the colored baskets from Target for a little pop of color! I'm planning on putting 6" legs on the bottom of these cubbies, just to raise them a bit higher off the ground. We plan to fill the cubbies with books and cute trinkets, and have the basket to corral all the toys I'm sure she will acquire along the way. This piece barely fit in this spot, but it's the only place it would look perfect. We had to cut off a bit of the edge of our window sill, but you can't tell, and it definitely looks super cute there. I plan on doing a wall collage of framed art above this piece...more to come on that! :)
My friend/co-worker Jennifer brought me the cute little Converse that actually match the baskets PERFECTLY! You know my daughter will be rockin the Chucks. Also, the quilt on top is a gift from Denise. It's super cute, and has all the colors that we are using throughout the nursery. It even has Hawaiian and surf type prints on it!





I cannot believe the back bedroom. It looks like a new house. The little cubbies you created in Kenley's room are adorable. I truly do not know why you don't become an interior decorator. You have the magic touch that is so eye appealing. I am so proud of both of you!! Have a great week.
ReplyDeleteNice guys!!! Looks like a professionals work!
ReplyDelete