Email Instagram Facebook Pinterest YouTube RSS Feed Google+

Monday, September 20, 2010

Weekend Warriors: Check out our crib, yo!


This past weekend, we got a ton of work done around the house. We were able to get the whole back studio cleaned out so we could break down the bed in the guest bedroom/nursery, since we knew the crib was on it's way. 
Also on Sunday, I was able to paint all the trim around the room. Ever since we got our new windows, the trim has looked really old and yellow. We already had a gallon of semi-gloss paint, so this project was absolutely FREE! 

Here is a side by side comparison in progress.
(the newly painted window is on the left)

I was so excited to come home today to see our crib waiting on our doorstep. My folks bought us this crib and I was able to use a coupon, so it was worth getting it a little early. 
I love the modern look of the crib and it kind of decided the direction I wanted to go in for the rest of the room. But the part I like most is that the crib is low, so short mama here can reach in comfortably when putting Kenley to bed. 
The finished result in the HUGE room
Mike hard at work






               Now we just need to add a mattress and the bedding and that part will be done. Our next project is to build a window seat with storage in that corner window spot. Stay tuned for that!

4 comments:

  1. Crib looks great and so do the windows! Gosh it's getting so close. Can't wait to see the completed nursery. You're going to need a bookshelf for plenty of books. Hint, hint. Don't lift anything heavy Kristin. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty, i love the crib! cant wait to see the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should leave the springs like that it is really safe for the baby! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tray...joke now, but when this baby arrives it shall know no pain, and it's discipline will allow it's body to feel comfort on those springs, and those springs only!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...