How big is baby: The size of a cantalope! (well the length actually)
Weight gain/loss: +7 (from pre-pregnancy weight) up 1 lb. this week, which is right on target
Pregnancy symptoms: Nothing much these days, except the expanding belly!
Maternity clothes: Yes! My MIL, Rochelle, thankfully took me shopping for maternity clothes. I have been living in those maternity jeans the past 4 days...I LOVE EM!
Stretch Marks: Nope
Sleep: Sleeping pretty well, and trying to enjoy it while I can
Best moment this week: Our gender reveal party and finding out Baby Wollman is a GIRL!
Movement: Yes. I am starting to feel little kicks and jabs all the time now. Still haven't felt it from the outside yet, but she's kicking away.
Food cravings: Nothing particular
Food aversions: Not much.
Labor signs: None
Belly button in or out: Still in, it's pretty deep so I'm not sure it will poke out.
What I miss: Not much right now, life is good!
What I am looking forward to: Shopping for Baby K. There is a big consignment sale this weekend where we should be able to find some good stuff for cheaper.
Milestones: Your baby is really making himself known now, popping you with his feet or fists whenever he feels like turning or twisting around, which may seem to happen more at night than any other time of day. At this time, he still has plenty of room to perform somersaults. (Lucky you!)
At nearly 10 inches long, your baby is looking more human by the day. Specific areas in his brain are developing for each of his five senses, and his skin is now developing its various layers. Hair and nail growth continue too. An ultrasound might show him swallowing amniotic fluid, an action that helps his digestive system develop. Some researchers speculate that the amniotic fluid contributes nutrients to your developing baby.

so, I had no idea that you don't really gain that much weight right away - I can't believe you've only put on 6 pounds. that's amazing!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you are going through this and posting everything so that when we have kids i can know what to expect!
I know only 6 lbs at 20 weeks is pretty impressive! I bet you'll stay pretty small throughout your pregnancy. It was so good seeing you this weekend! Cant wait to see you get bigger and bigger!
ReplyDelete@Kristy: yeah, it's been slow and steady at first. But the doc says I should be gaining about 1 lb. a week from here on out. SCARY!
ReplyDeleteBut I've also had a really great pregnancy, so I wish that upon you all!