Email Instagram Facebook Pinterest YouTube RSS Feed Google+

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Weekly Check-in: 19 Weeks!

Today Mike and I went in for our BIG ultrasound! Although we weren't going to be finding our the sex at this appt. is was great to see Baby Wollman. Everything looked perfect. We were able to see the brain, spine, the little beating heart and it's 4 chambers. Heartbeat was still hanging right around 140. 


The tech showed us the hands and feet. Baby was pretty calm, it was just so crazy to see a fully formed baby in my tummy. At one point, the tech measured the foot and said it was about 1 inch long. Baby is measuring 3 days ahead and weights about 10 oz. 


Then came time for her to find out if Baby Wollman was a boy or a girl. We looked away from the screen while she scanned, and without revealing too much, told us that she had a good answer as to the sex. She printed out all the pictures for us, and walked out to write down the sex and put the picture in our special secret card. She was so excited about our idea of the reveal, and asked us to show her pictures next time. 


So all and all, it was a great appt. Baby is healthy, measuring perfect and getting some exercise in there! Also, you will note that I am changing the weekly check in to Tuesday. The doctor actually had me down as being 19 weeks today, and even measuring three days ahead, so I thought I would change my blog posts to Tuesdays. So below you will find my usual check in as well as the pictures from the ultrasound! Enjoy!


How far along?: 19 weeks!
How big is baby: The size of a mango! Yum, I LOVE mangoes!
Weight gain/loss: +6 (from pre-pregnancy weight) still only 6 lbs. up!
Pregnancy symptoms: Crazy hunger! I eat the same amount, just more frequently. 

Maternity clothes: I'm going to start needing them. I'm down to 3 pairs of pants that are still barely fitting.
Stretch Marks: Nope
Sleep: Sleeping has been harder. I'm trying not to lay on my back, so I surround myself with pillows. Trying to get used to the pillow wedge on each side of me!
Best moment this week: Finishing our shed! It's so pretty, now we just have to start filling it and clearing out the back studio.
Movement: YES! Right now it's just a few pokes here and there, and I almost always feel them at night when I'm laying on the couch. Can't feel outer movement yet
Food cravings: Nothing particular, but I'm just ALWAYS hungry.
Food aversions: Not much. I have started to eat a bit of orange sherbet which is yummy.
Labor signs: None
Belly button in or out: Still in, it's pretty deep so I'm not sure it will poke out.
What I miss: My clothes fitting! It makes me feel like I have NOTHING in my closet to wear.
What I am looking forward to: Our gender reveal party on Saturday! So excited to see the J.Crew and our family!

Milestones: Up until this point in your unborn baby's development, his head has overshadowed the rest of his body. Now his arms and legs are catching up with his head and he's more in proportion. He's also gaining muscle tissue in his appendages. In fact, you might be feeling a few kicks and jabbed elbows, showing off just how strong your baby has become. And if you haven't felt your baby move much, don't worry -- in the coming weeks he'll gain even more strength and might very well become a kickboxer in utero!


8 comments:

  1. Sooo excited for my niece or nephew!!! And 'it's' BEAUTIFUL in your belly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh it now looks like a baby (boy). This is so exciting. We will fix your wardrobe when you come in and we go shopping on Friday. This was the coolest pictures to look at. Hugs and kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so excited my grammar was awful. It was suppose to say, These were the coolest pictures to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The most precious nephew...or niece :) I wonder if he/she will have a bent pinkie finger too?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my god! This baby is hot...just like his daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Rochelle: You're convinced now? haha, we'll know for sure in a few days! Looking forward to seeing you and of course shopping!

    Anyone else notice Mike slipped in a "his"!? It's totally bleeding into his subconsciousness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow . . . it's pretty surreal to look at these pictures and think about how that is in your belly. Especially because it actually looks like a baby now (and not a sweet potato or something).
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait until tonite. I think now it's probably a boy.Love MOM

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...