Email Instagram Facebook Pinterest YouTube RSS Feed Google+

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Weekly Check-in: 18 Weeks!

How far along?: 18 weeks!
How big is baby: The size of an sweet potato! My fav, although Mike hates the potato picture
Weight gain/loss: +6 (from pre-pregnancy weight) up a pound this week
Pregnancy symptoms: Crazy hunger! I eat the same amount, just more frequently. 

Maternity clothes: Clothes are getting tighter, just still trying to hold off until it gets cooler.
Stretch Marks: Nope
Sleep: Been sleeping well.  No complaints here
Best moment this week: Getting more house projects done to prep for baby!
Movement: I think I can finally say that I'm feeling movement. Definitely alot of taps here and there. Baby needs to get stronger so Mike can feel it from the outside.
Food cravings: Just food in general...haha
Food aversions: Still not much, just not interested in the sweet stuff.
Labor signs: None
Belly button in or out: Still in, and hopefully it will stay that way
What I miss: My flat stomach. I now wake up everyday to a bump.
What I am looking forward to: Tuesday morning is our big ultrasound! Although we won't be finding out the sex AT the appointment, it will be nice to see that the shrimp is actually now a baby!

Milestones: These days, when your heart beats, your little baby may be able to hear it! With the bones and nerves in his ears developed enough to function, he can now hear all sorts of sounds -- from blood coursing through the umbilical cord to the rumblings of your hungry tummy. Over the next few weeks, he'll be able to detect voices and music outside the womb as well, so it's time to bust out the books and practice your storytelling skills! Your baby's growing into one smart cookie as his brain continues to differentiate into specialized regions. He may even exhibit primitive reflexes in utero -- such as recoiling when startled by a loud noise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...