Email Instagram Facebook Pinterest YouTube RSS Feed Google+

Thursday, August 05, 2010

Weekly Check-in: 16 Weeks!

How far along?: 16 weeks!
How big is baby: The size of an avocado! (although I think these fruits go by length and not overall size)
Weight gain/loss: +5 (from pre-pregnancy weight)
Pregnancy symptoms: Headaches have stepped up a bit, I got my first PG-related charlie horse, and definitely having a growing spurt this week because my appetite has grown a bit. Otherwise, all good!

Maternity clothes: Still dresses. It's been over 100 degrees here, so dresses are the only acceptable clothes to wear in this heat!
Stretch Marks: None, and still keeping it moisturized. Maybe since I'm gaining weight slowly I can avoid this.
Sleep: Not as good as it has been. Waking up in the middle of the night with a charlie horse in my calf is no fun. Also, I've just been feeling like I can't get comfortable lately. I think I need to make a pillow fort around me.
Best moment this week: Testing out strollers at a baby shop. It was so hilarious to see Mike trying to fold and unfold these things. Pure comedy!
Movement: Not sure yet. I did feel 2 pops that kinda felt like popcorn popping in my belly. Some people have described early movement that way. But no definitive "that's definitely baby" movements yet.
Food cravings: Baked potatoes with the works (butter, sour cream, chives, and cheese)! I've had at least 3 this week. And I'm usually not a big fan of sour cream.
Food aversions: Nothing that I have to stay away from.
Labor signs: None
Belly button in or out: Still in, and hopefully it will stay that way
What I miss: Being able to move or lift heavy stuff. I'm used to being able to do handy stuff or handle things myself. Now I always have to ask for help with those things, which I don't necessarily like doing.
What I am looking forward to: Seeing our friends in CA in a few weeks for our gender reveal party!

Milestones: Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.

7 comments:

  1. Kristin,
    I'm so sorry that you are having cramps in your legs. They are so painful. That I remember having with both pregnancies. I can just imagine Mike with the strollers. Once he gets the hang of it, he will be great. Just make sure he takes the baby out before he collapses it. See you soon..Hugs and kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I asked a woman walking by if I could borrow their baby, but she was a little hesitant...until I said that I was kidding of course! The woman at the store also didn't know if she could laugh or not when I asked if they had tester babies to rent at the front!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds just like you! I needed that laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, it says the baby will double its weight in the next few weeks! thats crazy! and exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Jaymi: I'll tell ya, I can tell it's going to double because my appetite is outta control! Sometimes I can eat a little bit and be full for a while, and other days I'm constantly hungry. Thank goodness it's not quite showing on the scale yet! Eeeks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah...that's because the more you eat = the more I gain! Damn sympathetic pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kristen,
    Your Mom just sent me the blog. You are a girl after my own heart! Love the organization...furniture and fabric samples:)So glad to keep up on your journey from afar. Love to Michael.
    Karyn

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...