Email Instagram Facebook Pinterest YouTube RSS Feed Google+

Tuesday, August 03, 2010

16 Week Appt. & Party Planning

This morning I went in for my 16 week appt. Everything was great and it was a really quick appt. They just took my weight, up 1 lb. from my 12 week appt. Blood pressure, listened to the baby's heartbeat on the doppler (still around 145), and measured my belly. Pretty quick appt, and seeing as though I've had no difficulties whatsoever, there wasn't much to go over. My next appt. is at 19 weeks, exactly 3 weeks from today. This will be the BIG appt. because we will finally get to see Baby Wollman! This is also the sonogram that will reveal whether we are having a boy or girl!

However, that's where the fun comes in. Some of you have heard that we are having a "gender reveal party." This is a fairly new concept, where you have a party to reveal the sex of the baby! We are planning on doing this in California with all our J-Crew friends and Mike's family. Sadly, my mom won't be able to make it out from the east coast, as some of our local friends, but it will be fun to celebrate with all our friends that won't be around once the baby is born.

So, Tuesday, August 24th, we will go in for the ultrasound. We will have the tech write down the sex for us, and seal it in a envelope. It will be so hard not to peek at "the goods" but it will still be fun to see that the shrimp has turned into a full on baby! After this, I'm going to have my boss email our cake baker in CA to give them the info. From there, they will make a cake with either blue or pink filling. We are flying out to CA on Thursday evening, and planning on having the big reveal party that Saturday. So when we cut into the cake, everyone...including US, will find out at the same time if it's a boy or girl!

I love the idea of making it a surprise to even ourselves. There is no way I could hold out for the whole pregnancy, so this makes it more fun and exciting and a great way to celebrate with our close friends and family. Below you will see the invite that I made up for the party!


Staci and I have been planning everything out for a fun little shindig. We can't wait to celebrate with you all. And also, for those that cannot be there, we will be videotaping the big moment, and I will post the video here on this blog shortly after! We wish everyone could be there all at once, but this will be a way to share it with everyone in some way or another.

5 comments:

  1. i love this idea, i cant wait! you should put up a board and have every vote on baby name suggestions too! little jaymi or jaymes will be so cute! hehehehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honey, great job on the invites! It's amazing how close you were able to depict exactly how nice my six pack abs look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristin,
    You are so creative and talented. I am blessed to have two wonderful daughters. Yes, Mike, Kristin made you look great on the surfboard. Can't wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really, really wish we could be there for the party! But my exams begin 4 days later, and I will be in a ridiculous state of panic by then :(
    any chance of skyping during the cutting of the cake so I can get in on the moment??

    by the way, did you notice that last week the baby was the size of an orange, and now it's an avocado? I don't know about you, but I thought oranges were bigger than avocados. Or maybe your baby just shrinks a little this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Kristy: Yeah, I figured you out of towners couldn't make it, but wanted yall to see the invite and be in on what was going on. Skyping is a great idea, I bet we can pull that off, we'll have Andy help us with that!

    As far as the size thing, it's weird. I think it goes by length mesaurement more than full size. So head to rump, I guess an avocado would be a bit longer?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...