Email Instagram Facebook Pinterest YouTube RSS Feed Google+

Thursday, July 08, 2010

Weekly Check-In: 12 Weeks

How far along?: 12 weeks
How big is baby: The size of a plum!
Weight gain/loss: +3 (from pre-pregnancy weight) but -0.5 lbs from last doctor's appointment
Pregnancy symptoms: Increased appetite, stuffiness, and a bit of blurry vision!
Maternity clothes: I bought my first pair of maternity jeans this week, but I don't necessarily need them just yet. But the waist bands are getting much tighter. 
Stretch Marks: None
Sleep: I'm sleeping all right. I'm always tired, so I have no problems just falling asleep. And I'm waking less in the middle of the night for bathroom breaks. 
Best moment this week: Hearing Baby Wollman's heartbeat on the doppler. 
Movement: None yet, but I can't wait for this to start. Maybe then I'll actually FEEL pregnant!
Food cravings: Not much...but a fruit smoothie sounds good!
Food aversions: Still do not like sweets. 
Labor signs: None
Belly button in or out: In!
What I miss: my clothes fitting correctly. I feel like I have nothing to wear.
What I am looking forward to: Being in South Carolina for a LONG vacation! We will be there for the next check in week!
Milestones: The most dramatic development this week: reflexes. Your baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it. His intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity about now, and his kidneys will begin excreting urine into his bladder.

9 comments:

  1. Kristin,
    Glad you're feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rochelle! I booked our flights for CA this morning, so we will be seeing yall soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristin,
    When you come can I take you shopping for some maternity clothes? Will you be here through the week-end? If so, there is the famous Juvenile Shop in the valley where they have tons of baby furniture and every need that you could possibly want. Do you want to look or will it be too soon? Have a wonderful time with your family next week. See you in August.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristin, what dates will you be in CA???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jaymi: We will be in August 27-30th!

    Rochelle: Shopping sounds great! I'm not sure if we will be doing furniture just yet, but I'm sure I will be in maternity clothes by then. I was going to plan to have my hair done on that Friday, so maybe we can go after that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kristin,
    It's a date. Make your hair appointment and then we will go shopping for you. Let me know if you want to go to Motherhood. If so,I will find if they have one in the area. Otherwise, it's your choice where you want to shop. The blog says the invite has expired and to contact you..so I'm contacting you. Love and hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ummmmm I want to come shopping too, rochelle!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Traysea,

    Of course you are welcome to come! We will be hanging out over in Huntington that morning and then we are gonna go look for some clothes and maybe some baby stuff afterward!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tracy,
    Prerequisite for shopping is you must be pregnant..just kidding of course you are welcome to come. Just make plans with Mike and Kristin.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...