So today I went in for my second appointment with the doctor. It has been 5 weeks since we last saw our little shrimp and heard it's heartbeat, so I was still a little apprehensive. So far, this pregnancy has been so easygoing, that I had almost convinced myself that something must be wrong. So I was much relieved when the nurse touched the doppler to my stomach, and it only took a few moments before we heard that sweet little helicopter noise (that's what the baby's heartbeat sounds like!) Listen here: CLICK HERE (this is not MY baby's heartbeat, but is what it sounded like!)
So, now that I am in my twelfth week, we can breathe a sigh of relief that we have made it this far with no complications, and a healthy, growing baby! We also were able to schedule our big ultrasound to find out the gender on August 24th. But even then, we plan on keeping the news even from ourselves to we can throw a gender party with all our friends.
Hi Mommy,
ReplyDeleteGreat news! It's not unusual to be apprehensive. Every good mom is always concerned, which means you're going to be a great mom. Don't overwork yourself and have a wonderful vacation next week. Love you and Mike and the little shrimp!
I have my stethoscope ready to hear "My Little Shrimp's" heart beat!! Can't wait to see you guys. <3 Mom
ReplyDeleteThis is the Lil' Shrimp's Auntie Les checking in. So glad to hear that you and the baby are healthy. I can't help anymore with the fat clothes, but I can contribute to making excellend fruit smoothies when you are in town. Adria and I are so excited to see you and Mike in August. Finally!!! And you get to meet little Kenzie or "Rooney" as Adria calls her. Love you both..
ReplyDelete