Email Instagram Facebook Pinterest YouTube RSS Feed Google+

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Nine Months

Kenley is 9 months old! Officially 40 weeks old...meaning she has now spent more time outside my belly than in. That is just crazy! She seems like such a little person now, doing funny little tricks and gestures.


Kenley had her 9 month appointment at the doctor where she weighed in at 20 lbs. 14 oz, 27.75" long to put her in the 85th and 55th percentiles, respectively. The doctor said she looked great, and not to worry about the fact that she still isn't crawling. Of course, I don't mind that she's still not crawling, because a baby that sits still is great.


Here are some fun facts about Kenley at 9 months:

-She can wave. She generally likes to flap her arms around like crazy, but she will wave bye bye if you wave to her.

-She can clap! When we say "Yeah!" she will clap her hands together and smile!


-Favorite words are "dada", "mama", and "yah yah". These all pretty much sound the same, but it's really cute.

-Favorite toys are: remote control, ring stacker, and her toy laptop.

-She still doesn't have any teeth, but get a good look at that gummy smile, because those 2 little bottom ones are just under the surface. I think by her 10 month photos they will have popped through.


-She laughs at funny things. This is different from when she would laugh when we would tickle her. Now if you are silly with her, she laughs out of amusement.

-She loves her some Britney Spears. Her favorite song is "I Wanna Go". She perks up everytime it's on. She loves music in general though. We her toys play music, she flaps her arms and rocks.


-She's starting to eat more table food. We've tried waffles and crackers and cheese. She seems less interested in baby purees and more into feeding herself solid finger foods.

It's crazy to think that our little baby K was grown so much! She is so interactive and playful, but yet observant and inquisitive. I keep wondering which one of us she will start to take after in the personality department. So far, I would say she's more like me, because you can imagine how little Mike was. She's very guarded when first meeting people, and really takes the time to check you out. But give her a bit and a few smiles, and she starts to warm up.


4 comments:

  1. oh my gosh - the last picture is just perfect. you should blow this one up and make a giant poster out of it - I just love it! I can't believe she is getting so big, and her hair is so thick. I can't wait to meet her in person one of these days :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. rochellewollman@gmail.comOctober 13, 2011 at 3:41 PM

    I look forward to these blogs so much. I just love her little cheeks. Kenley's face looks identical to Mike's portrait on the wall at home. I can't believe how fast she has grown. I can't wait to see her again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh these are such cute pics! I love the 5th one down with her clasping her hands--what a great smile! And did I buy her that dress?? Haha, I remember looking at that dress at the store, but I can't remember if I bought it! :) Either way, its really cute on her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is a cutie! Those eyes are beautiful and her dress is super cute! Happy 9 months!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...