I think this is my favorite time with Kenley. She is just so sweet, and only gets crazy on us if we push her a bit too much (anything after 8:30pm is doomed). She's babbling alot more, sometimes throwing in a dadadadaada or muhamama there. I told Mike it doesn't count until she actually says it TO us, not random babbles. (UPDATE: She pretty much says dada now, although it's her favorite thing to say, still not positive if she associates the word with Mike.) She's sitting up like a champ now...we hardly ever need the Boppy around her. And she's finally eating better (sometimes! ha, this is an ever-changing thing)! Here are some fast facts about Kenley this month, bullet style:
![]() |
| Um, check the pinkie! |

- She is such a happy baby! At daycare, they asked me if she's always this happy at home. It warmed my heart to know that she's so good at daycare and enjoys it.
- Speaking of daycare, she's moved up to the next classroom. I was so sad to leave her
- teachers in the last class, but she is now with the older babies, which I think she likes, because there is more interaction. She even gets to go on baby buggy rides around the center!
- She's back on the eating train. She LOVES veggies! So far, fruits have been too tart for her, so I've started to mix them with some oatmeal, and it's going better. She stares and reaches for our food alot now, so I think she's just finally ready for more than milk. She favorite is hands-down acorn squash. She's also loving mango in her mesh feeder, and Earth's Best teething biscuits.
- She LOVES ice water. But not from a sippy. She usually likes to pull our cup down to her mouth and takes in a little at a time.
- She can now ride in the shopping cart or sit in the high chair at restaurants. This has made things SO much easier, so we don't have to lug our 20 lb baby in her carseat.
- No teeth yet, but she's drooling so much, I'm sure they will be coming soon.
- She's nowhere near crawling. She's quite the observer, so I think she's fine just sitting there and watching others. I think we'll have a late walker here as well. Fine by me...less chasing involved!
- The separation anxiety has started. Sometimes when I walk away from her, she'll just start wailing. As soon as I come into the room, she'll put her arms out for me, and quiet down. I'm flattered...but sometimes mama needs to get things done!
- Yup, those eyes are as blue as ever.









1. I LOVE all these pictures! I can definitely see how much she's grown. My favorite is the last one - those chubby baby arms are to die for.
ReplyDelete2. what is a mesh feeder? do I need to put one on my registry? I feel like there are all these secret baby things I know nothing about and my kid will be plagued forever if I don't get on the ball! :)
These pictures are just precious. Love the leg warmers. I can't wait to hug her again.
ReplyDelete@Kristy: Mesh feeders are great! Once baby is on solids, you can put chunks of fruit in them, they are like a little mesh bag with a handle. So baby can chew on it, but not choke on the bits. Kenley gnaws at hers for ever, which buys me time to eat my dinner with both hands! :)
ReplyDeleteI can definitely advise as definite must haves for your registry. I actually just started a post about it.
so cute but maybe you should put a headband on her and play ""Let's Get Physical" on your ipod:)
ReplyDeleteOMG Her pinky!!!!!!!!! AWESOME!
ReplyDelete