She had her 6 month appointment at the doctor a couple weeks ago. She weighed in at 18lbs. 6 oz. and 26 inches long. That's the 89th percentile in weight and the 61st in height. She definitely packs it all in a small package! She had missed her nap that day, so she was super fussy even before the shots. She took them like a pro though, and passed out in the car immediately afterwards. We don't go again until her 9 month appointment...so she will be doing alot of growing between now and then.
Here are some fun facts about Kenley at 6 months:
- She's sitting up! She still wobbles a bit, but she is getting so good at sitting unassisted. She especially loves when Dylan comes and sits next to her.
- We started solid foods. She liked them the first time, but not so much anymore! We are still practicing, but she now refuses them or gags...YIKES!
- She recognizes Mommy and Daddy. She looks for me when I leave the room, and sometimes starts crying. When I comes back, she puts her arms out for me to pick her up. It's so cute!
- She's jumping...in her Jumperoo! She used to just sit there and look at the toys on it. She now bounces up and down and gets excited in it. Witness below:
- She sleeps for about 8 hours....in our bed. Yeah, we've regressed a bit. It's been so warm in her room that I haven't felt comfortable swaddling her in there. So I let her sleep in her diaper next to me. So far it's been ok...we will try moving back to her room once it cools down a bit.
- I mentioned this last month, but she LOVES the dogs. Especially Dylan. She will stare at them forever, and smiles and coos when Dylan actually looks in her direction (which is hardly ever, he's weird like that).
- She loves swimming. She has found her feet and legs, and can even do a modified frog kick! We knew she would be a little fish.
- Her hair is really growing in alot, and is a beautiful light golden blonde.
- Her eyes are still blue. But, sometimes in the sunlight, they have a touch of olive green towards the center. Jury's still out, although I think we can safely say that they will probably stay light.
I never thought I could love someone so much as little Kenley. It is pretty overwhelming, and when I really sit and think about it, my heart just wants to burst. She's such a good, sweet little baby. She's very mellow, and I love having her as my little sidekick. I love how she can change your mood within an instant of that sweet gummy smile. Life is so full now that she is in it.




such cute pictures, I can't believe how big she's getting!
ReplyDeleteKenley gets cuter and cuter, day by day. She looks so cute in that little outfit. It brings out her eyes.
ReplyDeleteHow long does she need to be swaddled? Hugs and kisses baby K. We love you!
Happy 6 months, cutie!
ReplyDeleteThis is too sweet:) I love that she's melting you my friend:) And these photos are awesome!!!
ReplyDelete