So, the title of this post is the commonly used acronym on all my baby forums. Sleeping Through The Night! Yes, this is something to celebrate, because it's finally happening, at least in this very present moment in time. Since Friday night, we have been trying to transition Kenley out of our bed and into her crib, AND hoping that she stays there all through the night. We had tried the previous weekend, but our tactic did not work, and Kenley cried for a total of 50 minutes before we threw in the towel (not straight, we checked on her every 5 mins, then every 10).
So this week, we decided to switch it up a bit. I put her mattress at an incline, and rolled up some blankets and placed them under her sheets. These would be used to snuggle her and keep her from rolling onto her back, which she's not fond of. I would feed her to sleep in our room, tightly swaddled and then once she was out, carried her to her crib and laid her on her side. I placed her lovey right next to her face and turned on her Sleep Sheep and the white noise from my iPhone.
The first night, she slept about 10pm-12:30pm, fussed for awhile, so we took her out and considered it a small victory. The next night, same thing 10pm-2:30pm, then brought her back to our room. Sunday night, we decided to see if we could keep her in there all night. Down at 10pm, up at 2:30am, fussed for about 7 mins, then she fell back asleep until 5am! And the rest of the week, she has gone down around 10pm, and slept all the way until the morning (5-6am)! It's so nice to know that's she's handling the transition well, finally! Although I do miss her laying right next to me, I am sleeping better knowing I can toss and turn more. And every time I wake during the night, I check her monitor, just to make sure she's alright.
So, that's our sleep success for the week. It only took 5 months! haha. Hopefully she will continue to sleep well, because I will get spoiled with the 6-7 hour night sleeps really quickly!
And because no post is complete without pictures, here are a few from last week/weekend.
| Like a true Texas baby, she wants her beer! haha |
| Trying out our new sippy cup! |
| Kenley and mommy watching cartoons! |

wow I can't believe how big she is! Seeing her on your lap really put her growth in perspective--she looks like an entirely different baby than when I saw her last! Oh and I LOVE the last picture of her! Great catchlights!
ReplyDeleteapples don't fall far from the tree!! Her eyes are so beautiful. Love Mimi K
ReplyDelete