Email Instagram Facebook Pinterest YouTube RSS Feed Google+

Friday, March 04, 2011

Week:Eight

Whoa, holy development week! Kenley has really grown alot this past week. I've begun to wonder where my little newborn went! She has officially outgrown her newborn clothes. She's too big for the onesies and too long for most of the sleepers. Plus, since it's warming up here, I went out to buy her some 0-3 month short onesies and rompers. She's pretty warm most of the time, and we swaddle her at night, so she's pretty much not in the long sleeve sleepers anymore at all. They actually have some really cute stuff for spring and summer out there.


Also this past week, Kenley slept for 5+ hours 3 out of 4 nights. I feel like we are nearly turning a corner with the sleeping, and I rejoice when I can get anything over 4 hours. Now I saw "I" because right now, I told Mike not to worry about getting up in the middle of the night when I do. All she wants is to eat, and since I'm still breastfeeding, and haven't given her many bottles, there's not much he can do. Plus, since he has to go to work right now, and I don't, I don't mind getting up. I'm sure we'll have to work something else out when I return to work, but for now, our system works.

Speaking of returning to work, I'm starting to have a bit of anxiety about it. I'm eager to go back, but completely not looking forward to leaving Kenley at daycare. Fortunately, her daycare is directly across the street from my office, so I can go and visit her during my breaks and lunch. But it still kills me that she'll be away from me. Since she was born, I have not spent one hour away from her. Crazy I know, but when you have a little baby that wants to eat on demand, it's hard to go anywhere without her!



As you can see from the videos above, our sweet girl is starting to give us more and more smiles! This completely melts us, and anytime we get the slightest bit frustrated at her fussiness, all she has to do is give us her sweet smile, and all is forgotten. She's also starting to discover her hands. She's not grabbing onto anything, but she is hilariously batting at the toys hanging from her bouncy seat. She also usually runs her hands along my chest while she eats and grabs onto the straps of my shirt from time to time. She is still so wide-eyed and definitely soaking in her surroundings. It's so cool to see how much she is changing and growing everyday!



Next week is her 2 month checkup! I can't wait to see how big she has gotten, but terrified of all the shots she has to get....it's going to be a hard day for mama and daddy! :(

4 comments:

  1. wow is crazy how much she changes and how fast! she is smiling so much more, even from when we were just there! I can't wait to do another family shoot in a few months (maybe when you're out here this summer!) when she is all smiles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a difference a few weeks will make. She is just adorable. Her smile melts your heart.
    Can I shop for some spring and summer clothes? Let me know what size.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the second video! It's adorable how she's trying to figure out what muscle control is :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...