Email Instagram Facebook Pinterest YouTube RSS Feed Google+

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Weekly Check-in: 37 weeks! FULL TERM BABY!

How far along?: 37 weeks! Officially full-term...Kenley can come whenever she wants now.
How big is baby: Holy crap I'm a watermelon!
Weight gain/loss: +2. Total of 21 lbs. pre-preg. I think she has dropped a bit so I was able to enjoy holiday food more! 
Pregnancy symptoms: Braxton Hicks contractions, some heartburn, extreme thirst
Maternity clothes: Yes, still trying to wear more form fitting things so I don't feel huge.
Stretch Marks: Nope. If I can keep the weight gain in check these last few weeks I think I'll be in the clear. 
Sleep: Getting up at least 4 times a night to pee. Also, noticing my hips and pelvic bones are more sore when I try and roll around in bed.
Best moment this week: Having my parents in town for the holiday. It was our first Christmas in our house, and it was a nice, fun time.
Movement: Just wiggling around, I can tell she's definitely run out of space because she's not as jolty. 
Food cravings: Not much, but sometimes more sweets. Usually my chocolate soy milk cures this.
Food aversions: Nothing
Labor signs: Just random BH contractions. They've gotten a bit more frequent, which just means things are starting to progress.
Appt updates: Had my 37 week appt this morning. My blood pressure was a bit elevated, so they had me rest on my left side for a bit before taking it again. Probably just leftover holiday stress. Heart rate was good, and belly has dropped a bit. I did end up testing positive on my Group B Strep test, which just means that I will have to have antibiotics when I'm in labor. I guess some women carry it, and some don't, but it's nothing to be worried about. Can't wait for next week when we do a growth ultrasound!
Belly button in or out: Still in, but so shallow and flat!
What I miss: Not much, we're in the home stretch...so not much longer of missing stuff.
What I am looking forward to: Next appt and seeing baby again. I'm curious to see how big she is now and a guestimate of how much she weighs.
Milestones: 
Your baby is now considered full term, even though your due date is still three weeks away. If you go into labor now, his lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb. He weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel. Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long.

1 comment:

  1. Rest Kristin and take it easy. If you need anything we're just a few states away. Love all of you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...