Email Instagram Facebook Pinterest YouTube RSS Feed Google+

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Weekly Check-in: 31 Weeks!

How far along?: 31 weeks!
How big is baby: Still a squash! And 4 navel oranges according to babycenter.com
Weight gain/loss: Didn't weigh this week...I'll wait until my appt next week
Pregnancy symptoms: I had crazy leg swelling from flying that also caused a charlie horse in the middle of the night. I was able to do some leg exercises on the flight back that helped this not happen again. 
Maternity clothes: Yup, and I got a few more items courtesy of Rochelle while we were out in CA. She bought me a really cute maternity coat that I can't wait to wear once it gets colder. 
Stretch Marks: Nope...hope I can go the rest of the time without
Sleep: It's good when I'm not waking up 4+ times a night to got to the bathroom
Best moment this week: Visiting all our friends and family in CA. It was a whirlwind trip, but so great to see everyone! I'll be blogging about this later this week.
Movement: I think she got a little shy in CA and wasn't moving around as much. I also think she switched positions, because I ALWAYS feel her on my left side, and lately it's been more on the right. Also, it's more sliding movements now than bumps and jabs. 
Food cravings: Not craving too much, but did get to hit up the In N Out while in CA. Can't wait until they put in the Ft. Worth location this spring!
Food aversions: Nothing
Labor signs: None that I know of
Belly button in or out: Still technically in! Just very very flat
What I miss: Being close to our friends while going through this whole journey. Kenley is going to have so many aunts and uncles in her life, I just wish we were all still closer in proximity. 
What I am looking forward to: A relaxing weekend! Last weekend was really fun, but I definitely am exhausted, and picked up a bit of a head cold on the way home. 
Milestones:  This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.

5 comments:

  1. it was soo good seeing you guys this weekend! I wish you guys were closer too. I can't wait to be Aunt Jaymi! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're feeling better Kristin. The baby shower was so nice. It was great seeing you with all your close friends. Thank you everyone for being so generous to Kristin, Mike and Kenley. We all wish you guys were closer. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize you could fly so late! Well, really all I know is that in "Away we Go," the girl wasn't allowed to fly and had to take a train everywhere. Have you seen that movie? If not, you really should. I think Mike would secretly love it. Anyways, enjoy your four navel oranges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Kristy: I LOVE that movie (and Mike did as well!) They say as long as there is no complications, you can fly up until 35 weeks or so. But I definitely wouldn't recommend it. Even at 30 weeks, I was pretty uncomfortable. On top of the swelling, those upright seats are not conducive to this rock of a belly, reclining is a MUST.

    Also, you should have seen the lady at check-in's face when Mike requested an Exit row! haha...I guess he forgot to factor in that they really don't want pregnant people assisting in case of emergency. I told him, this is the end of the exit row for many, many years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was actually asking for the exit row for myself...why should both of us have to suffer, right? just kidding babe hehe!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...