How far along?: 30 weeks..can't believe we are nearly in single digit weeks left!
How big is baby: Still a squash! And a large cabbage according to babycenter.com
Weight gain/loss: +1.5, I'm not rounding up! :) Total = 17.5 lbs. up from pre-preg
Pregnancy symptoms: Still crazy heartburn, and lots of movements, nothing too annoying
Maternity clothes: Yes, and I was able to get a few extra tops this week because none of my pre-preggo tops are long enough. Trying on clothes while pregnant is a bit depressing though, haha.
Stretch Marks: Nope! At my doctors appt this morning, she said I have nice skin and no stretch marks! I hope it stays that way!
Sleep: Better since Daylight Savings. I've only been waking up about once a night for the bathroom, so that's nice.
Best moment this week: Having our friend Meg BOB out to visit us! I've blogged about her visit, but I'm still waiting for her to send me pictures before I publish the blog...ahem...Megs!
Movement: She is a crazy mover, and always on my left side. She is still laying sideways in there, so I'll take the jabs in my side while I can. It's certainly better than in the ribs. She's getting so much stronger, sometimes her punches startle me!
Movement: She is a crazy mover, and always on my left side. She is still laying sideways in there, so I'll take the jabs in my side while I can. It's certainly better than in the ribs. She's getting so much stronger, sometimes her punches startle me!
Food cravings: We made some really yummy cream cheese filled jalapenos wrapped in bacon 3 times this past week! haha...so delicious!
Food aversions: Nothing
Labor signs: A few Braxton Hicks contractions last weekend
Belly button in or out: Still technically in! Just very very flat
What I miss: Moving easily. It's so much harder to roll over in bed, get up from laying down, and just anything that involves ab muscles!
What I am looking forward to: Going to California this weekend! We are celebrating Thanksgiving with all our friends for our annual party, and also Mike's family is throwing me a baby shower! So excited to see everyone!
Milestones: Your baby weighs close to 3 pounds. He's growing so fast now that if he kept up this rate, he'd weigh more than 200 pounds by his first birthday! In order to accomplish his final growth phase during the 3rd trimester, he will continue to absorb nutrients from your body: calcium for his skeleton, protein for his muscle growth, and iron for his red blood cell production. You might feel more tired or suffer from anemia as a result.
Like most babies, yours probably has blue eyes right now. Once he's born, his eyes may turn brown after being exposed to the natural sunlight that will finalize pigments in the iris. The hair on his head may start to grow in now as he finishes losing that covering of fine, downy lanugo hair on his body.


I say you look pretty darn cute, MAMA. Looking forward to seeing you and Mike on Thursday. Have a safe flight. Love and hugs!!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see you this weekend and your lil' cabbage belly! hehe. Hey check these out, little baby headbands on etsy--soo cute!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.etsy.com/shop/paisleelane
ok you want to know what's funny? I can't comment on your most recent post to tell you that I read your blog all the time! (I think there is something buggy with my reader or something). But I love reading the blog - it makes me feel involved even though we are far apart. And it gives me an idea of what I have to look forward to someday :)
ReplyDeleteps. when I first read this post, I thought the Milestones section said "you might suffer from amnesia" and I was like, pregnancy makes you lose your memory?!
ReplyDeleteTo Kristy..Kristin suffers from that naturally, it's a good thing that I am around to remind her of every event detail by detail.
ReplyDelete