Email Instagram Facebook Pinterest YouTube RSS Feed Google+

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Kenley's 1st Birthday Recap! Pictures overload!

When thinking about what theme to go with for Kenley's 1st Birthday, I wanted to do something that incorporated the winter season. Inspiration from Pinterest led me to the Winter ONEderland theme. Although not completely original, just googling that phrase pops up a ton of results, it would be an easy theme to execute, especially with all the after Christmas sales going on!

It all started with the invitation, which is where I pulled my color palette from. I had my friend Tracy help me with the design, then added a few extra touches.


From here, I started making the decor. I found templates and party pieces online that I could manipulate in Photoshop, and was able to color match everything to this invite. Here are some pictures of the goodies!

Monthly photos banner

I also set up a photo booth in hopes that people would take pictures themselves!
It was such a special day. Mike's parents were in town and were such a big help all week long. I don't think I could have pulled it all together without their help! Here's Kenley with Grandma Shelly!


We also had a group of our friends from Long Beach out (Staci, Andy, Jaymi, Megan and Dave...you guys rock! Seriously!). What an incredible surprise, and just speaks volumes to how close the J.Crew really is. We miss them terribly, but very excited to be welcoming a new J.Crew baby in April!

Meg, you look like a natural right here..hint hint! ;)
Even my sister, Whitney, made the trip from Connecticut, to spend the day with us! (And why do I have no pictures of the three of us! Major FAIL!)

When it came to cake time, I was sure that Kenley would a least bust her hand into the cake. Dainty as ever, she barely touched it, and there was no smashing at all. I guess I should be happy that she doesn't have a taste for sugar just yet.

Present time was a bit overwhelming, especially for a kid who's birthday is right after Christmas! One of Kenley's favorite thing was her first real baby doll from Martha-Nell. She loved it to say the least!

It was such a great day, and a perfect way to honor our little girl and celebrate making it through the first year! She is such a joy and I'm glad that [almost] everyone was able to be a part of that. I had so much fun planning her party and decorating, but I am glad it's over! Here are a few extras from the day, if you haven't seen enough already!


Kenley and Cousin Jack (who is only 8 months, but the same size as Baby K)
I had this dress made for her from Etsy shop: SewSweetPeanut












6 comments:

  1. oh these are all so fun! I love the photobooth pictures! I'm so glad we were able to make it up for Kenley's birthday, we had a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great party! That's so awesome that LB people were able to make it out for Kenley's birthday. She looks so happy and sweet in all these pictures. I can't believe that I haven't met her yet - I feel like I've watched her grow through all the pictures and posts this year (well, year and nine months :).
    By the way, you look GREAT - I will have to get your fitness secrets from you once I have stabilized the breastfeeding routine! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cousin Jack looks bigger than the Rawl-dawg and he is younger! ;0)

      Pinterest is a godsend for sure! I would not have even thought of half the stuff I will be doing for him on my own. We will be incorporating a couple of things from Kenley's party like the photo banner and photobooth, but unfortunately I do not have Photoshop so I'm doing everything by hand with glue, string and scrapbook paper! ;) Eeek! I'm already overwhelmed and know I need to get started on things quick...like now!

      I have been waiting for this post. You rocked the 1st birthday party girl! I didn't want the post to end! Kenley is such a doll and so glad that everything turned out perfectly. :) Happy 1st birthday Miss Kenley!

      Delete
  4. Oh and can you email me that photo booth picture of me and megan and dave and staci and andy holding up the chalkboard signs? I didnt get that one on my camera :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. rochellewollman@gmail.comJanuary 28, 2012 at 10:19 PM

    Trying to fix the comment section,

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...