Email Instagram Facebook Pinterest YouTube RSS Feed Google+

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

8 months!

See what happens when it takes me forever to get some pictures taken...you get a TON! Kenley has been sick pretty much since her 8 month day, so this was really my first opportunity to take some pictures, and take them outside since the weather has cooled off a bit!


Seriously, its so cliche, but time moves WAY too quickly. Kenley is getting smarter, and sweeter, and more funny by the day. I feel like so much has changed with her, especially lately. Here are some fun 8 month facts about Kenley:

  • She takes naps and goes to sleep in her crib with no fuss at all! This is a very recent development. We moved her crib into our bedroom because we wanted to get her out of our bed but her bedroom has been very warm with all this heat in Texas. We have a little A/C unit in our bedroom, so we just moved it in there until the temps cool back down. The first nap we set her down for, we put her on her belly, she laid her head down, and fell asleep! This happened every time we've put her down ever since, and we are still confused by it. I guess she was just ready for her own space.
  • She's started to try and wave. It's so cute, she turns her hand towards herself and flaps her fingers.
  • She's eating much better now. New favorites are mango, apples & carrots, and her Earth's Best teething biscuits.
  • She loves daycare. She never cries when I drop her off or visit her at lunch. She does more of an excited shimmy when we walk in.
  • She's still not close to crawling. She's such an observer, I think she just likes to watch others. But she does love jumping in her Jumperoo and standing while being held, so maybe she'll skip crawling all together.
  • No teeth yet, but I think I see the bottom two below the surface.
  • She's very grabby. She grabs at EVERYTHING now, which means being diligent about keeping things away from her that we don't want her to have.
  • Favorite toys right now: Sophie the Giraffe (great for chewing), her Kermit doll, these little crinkle balls, the remote control, and our iPhones.
  • Her hair is growing in alot. Sometimes it looks strawberry blonde, but it's starting to curl a bit as it gets longer.

Every month just gets better and better. Sometimes I sit and think about how she will look and act when she's a little girl and get really excited to share things with her. Other times, I get sad looking at her baby pictures, and having a hard time remembering how small she was. Then I just remind myself to stay in this present moment and soak it up. Next thing I know she'll be all over the place and into everything, so I want to enjoy my immobile and cuddly baby now.



Mimi K is coming in this weekend, and I can't wait for her to see how much Kenley has changed. She's such a fun little baby. We're gonna have a fun weekend all together!

    2 comments:

    1. these are awesome pictures! I love the outdoor shots, the lighting is great, and her blue eyes (still blue!) really stand out! I think I say this every month, but I can't believe how big she is! Next time I see her she'll probably be walking and crawling all over the place!

      ReplyDelete
    2. rochelle wollman@gmail.comSeptember 22, 2011 at 9:55 AM

      Kenley you are a beautiful little girl. I can't believe how much you have grown. Have fun with Mimi this weekend. Grandma misses you too! Hugs and kisses.

      ReplyDelete

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...