Hey all....I know this blog has been a little lifeless for a bit, but things are going to change here a bit. I started back to work yesterday, and it has been pretty hectic since. I'm still going to try and post twice a week at least, but they may just be short little updates. Also, it is way too hard to keep up with weekly Kenley pictures and posts (notice week 12 is missing...she was sick last week and not in the mood for pictures!), so starting today, I'm only going to be doing monthly updates and pictures. I will still post random pictures and videos of Kenley...it just won't be on a set schedule.
The first day back to work went well. Dropping Kenley off at daycare was easier than I thought it would be, and neither of us shed a tear. I think the thought of it freaked me out more than actually doing it. The daycare called me around 11:30am to ask if there were any "tricks" I had to make her take a bottle. I couldn't believe this, because we had been practicing with the bottle all month, and she takes it really well now. Luckily, I was able to run across the street (so nice to be that close to her!) and check out the situation. She wouldn't take it from me either...but seems our child prefers chilled milk. They had warmed up her bottle and she did NOT like it. I originally had decided never to warm her bottles, because I didn't want her to ALWAYS need her bottle warmed...like when we are out and about and have nothing to warm it up with. As soon as they handed me a chilled bottle, she took it right away....crisis averted! :)
The rest of the day went well. I was able to eat lunch with both hands, and have conversations with actual adults! I was so busy with work....the day just flew by. I've worked my schedule where I come in at 8am so I can leave at 4pm, so that makes the day go by much faster too!
So everything is working out so far. I hope she continues to do well, and enjoys her time at daycare. And if I need to have a little bit of Kenley time, I can just run across the street!
Stay tuned later for her 3 month update! Cannot believe my baby is that old!!
And because no post is complete without at least 1 picture...saw these at Target and HAD to buy them!

haha love that pic! can't believe your back at work already! those 3 months just flew! so nice to have the day care so close by though!
ReplyDeleteSo good to hear there were no meltdowns...from you or Kenley :) It will be so nice to have adult time back! Success!!
ReplyDeleteI am so relieved that all three of you have transitioned so well.
ReplyDeleteLove the adorable pictures. Love you!!!
LOVE that picture! Your girl is so gorgeous :)))
ReplyDeletehttp://penelopeblue.blogspot.com
Thanks Lori! Going to check out your blog right now! :)
ReplyDelete