Kenley is now 5 weeks old. She has really progressed so much this week. We've noticed that not only is she focusing on our faces more this week, but she is also focusing on other objects. When we put her in her swing, she loves following the black and white mobile with her eyes. I move it back and forth, and she tracks it. It's so amazing to see these little changes in her. She is also just looking around the house more as a whole.
Not sure how much weight she has gained, but from our guesstimate, she seems to be about 8.5 lbs. Her newborn clothes are getting tighter and smaller as the days go by, and she is starting to fit in some of her 0-3 month clothes (like the striped shirt below, the jeans are still a little big!).
Everyone that sees her comments on her big eyes! They are still blue, but we're hoping they change to brown eventually. Her hair has definitely taken on a strawberry blonde look, which makes us wonder where she got that from. I think it will eventually be blonde like mine, especially once summer hits. She even has a baby mullet, which you can't see from these pictures...thankfully! :)
We've gotten into a pretty good routine lately. Kenley wakes usually twice in the night, anywhere from 2-3am first, and again at 5-6am. I've been dealing with this unbelievably well, especially since it was my biggest fear about having a baby...the lack of sleep. I've learned to cherish the 4 hour stretches, and so far, have seemed to get by on it. I'm sure once I go back to work, that will change...but hopefully she will be sleeping longer stretches by then.
All in all, we are doing pretty well. Mike even likes the cloth diapering...so I'm going to have to have him do a guest post about it. Between me breastfeeding, and us using the cloth diapers and even cloth wipes, we have not had to spend any money on these things that you would usually have to replenish every couple of weeks. I can't even imagine how much we are already saving by going the granola route. But again, that's a post for another day!
Here's hoping that we have continued smooth sailing, until of course, Kenley hits her 6 week growth spurt, which is just around the corner...eek! :)


wow thats amazing that she only wakes twice through the night! I'm glad you're getting enough sleep! I love these pics of her, especially the first one in the striped shirt--you can really tell from the pictures how she is able to focus more. Amazing seeing those changes!
ReplyDeleteBTW, I can't believe Kevin and Scott got to meet her before me! haha!
ADORABLE! ADORABLE! The outfit looks so cute on her. You and Mike have adapted so well as parents. Kenley is very lucky to have you both as parents. Love you all! Happy Valentine's Day!
ReplyDeleteWow... she has changed sooooo much. I love the very last picture of baby K on your shoulder. She is so cute!
ReplyDeleteYes Dress with jeans look! I bring that one back every so often...it used to be my uniform!
ReplyDeleteThe middle pic on week five second set... looks like a mike expression! LOL
We've decided that she definitely looks like Mike when she looks stressed, and looks more like me when she's chillin...haha, how perfect of a reflection of ourselves is that?!
ReplyDelete