How far along?: 27 weeks...practically the 3rd trimester!
How big is baby: Still an eggplant according to thebump.com, the head of a cauliflower according to babycenter.com
Weight gain/loss: +1 for a grand total of 15lbs. from pre-preg. Not bad considering I'm 2/3 of the way done. The dr. expects anywhere from 25-30lbs. although I would like to be on the lighter end of that scale. Luckily, so far, it's all belly.
Pregnancy symptoms: All the same stuff, although I have been alot more emotional lately. Not completely crazy and irrational, but definitely sensitive.
Maternity clothes: Yes, there is no other option
Stretch Marks: None, but I have noticed I'm alot more noticable veins in my mid-section. Good blood flow I guess.
Sleep: Hit or miss. Sometimes I can sleep pretty well through the night, others it's constant tossing and turning trying to get comfy.
Best moment this week: Mike seeing the baby acrobatics going on in my stomach. I think he realized just how much she moves around when his eyes widened at my contorted stomach!
Movement: See above. She moves around like crazy, it's still hard to tell what is a foot or arm, but I constantly feel her nudging me all the way on my sides.
Food cravings: Blue Bell vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup. I guess my sweet tooth is starting to kick in, although I still prefer spicy stuff.
Food aversions: Nothing
Labor signs: None really. I don't think I'll know what these are until it's time
Belly button in or out: Still in, but getting flatter and shallower
What I miss: I say it all the time, but I honestly miss being thin. It's so much harder to move around as this belly gets bigger.
What I am looking forward to: It's still far off, but looking forward to heading to CA to see our friends and family. It will be the last time before baby!
t's the last week of your second trimester, and you know what that means: Just a few short months until your baby's really here! This week your baby will grow half an inch (she's now about 10 inches from crown to rump). She currently weighs a little over 2 pounds -- and is set to gain almost a half-pound each week for the next 10 weeks. (Yep, that means you'll continue to gain weight, too. In fact, pregnant women pack on more pounds in the third trimester than in any other). At birth, the average full-term baby tips the scales at 7-1/2 pounds and measures between 18 and 22 inches, although many completely healthy babies fall outside of this range. And here's another fun factoid: Although your baby has started to recognize your voice, it's hard for her to hear it clearly because her ears are covered with that gooey, protective coating of vernix caseosa. Between that and the amniotic fluid, your baby's eavesdropping ability is akin to how well you hear underwater.

Great news! Glad everything went well at the doctors. It's natural to be emotional at this point. Take a day at a time and enjoy your free time while you can. In other words, RELAX! Hugs!!
ReplyDelete