How far along?: 24 weeks! Happy Viability day for me (The point of viability is the point at which there would be a chance for survival outside the womb. Most practitioners would put the point of viability at 23 or 24 weeks.)
How big is baby: Still the size of a papaya or an ear of corn!
Weight gain/loss: Not sure...the scale is out of batteries, so I'll have to wait to find out. It might be better this way.
Pregnancy symptoms: expanding baby bump, heartburn, baby movements, nothing too bad
Maternity clothes: Yes! And my mom bought me some more pants so I don't have to wear black pants everyday.
Stretch Marks: Nope, although the belly has definitely expanded. I think it's growing slowly enough to keep them away.
Sleep: Some nights good, some bad. Just depends how tired I am I guess.
Best moment this week: All the fun packages we've been receiving! Nice little surprises for Baby K.
Movement: Yup, she thumps me all over. Mike has now felt her a couple times without me even prompting him.
Food cravings: Nothing particular, although I am loving bacon wrapped stuffed jalepenos!
Food aversions: Not much.
Labor signs: Not a super labor sign, but I have started to feel random Braxton Hicks contractions every now and then. Nothing strong, but my stomach does get noticeably tighter. They say that it is my body preparing for child birth...CRAZY!
Belly button in or out: Still in, I hope it can stay that way
What I miss: Being able to wear anything. My wardrobe is very limited now to all my preg clothes.
What I am looking forward to: Every weekend that we can work on the nursery. We've gotten so much done, and I can't wait to actually start decorating instead of renovating!
Milestones: Your baby is about eight and a half inches long and weighs one and a half pounds, gaining steadily at a rate of six ounces per week. Much of that weight comes from accumulating baby fat, as well as from growing organs, bones, and muscle. Those little ears of hers are getting sharper and can hear very loud sounds, from a yapping dog (which I'm sure she hears regularly! :) to a jackhammer. Also by now, that fabulous face is almost fully formed, complete with eyelashes, eyebrows, and hair. Is your baby a brunette, a blonde, or a redhead? Actually, right now her locks are white since there's no pigment yet.
![]() |
| I'm tired of the papaya, so here's another size comparison! |

Hey Honey,
ReplyDeleteIt's funny how even when I am the one who takes the picture, it still surprises me how much more beautiful and pregnant you look on the site!
Excited to now decorate and not RENOVATE too~!
Hey Mommy,
ReplyDeleteYou look beautiful and I love the top! Little Kenley is starting to pop out. Feel good! Hugs and kisses!